Please note: this edition is valid only for the Part IB academic year 2016-17.
This is the on-line version of the Part IB Computational Projects Manual for the academic year 2016-17.
It is available in Portable Document Format (PDF): most computers will be able to read this format automatically, but if not then you should download Adobe Reader. In cases of difficulty, the CATAM advisors can help you display or print the files.
Misprints that are discovered in the manual will be announced via CATAM News. The on-line version will be corrected, and so should be up to date. However, it should always be read in conjunction with CATAM News.
Manual by Section
- Optional Introductory Non-Examinable Project:
- 0.1 Root Finding in One Dimension
- 0.1 Model Solution
- 0.1 Student write-up
- Additional Projects:
- 2.1 The Diffusion Equation
- 2.2 Schrödinger's Equation
- 2.3 Polynomial Images of Circles
- 2.4 Simulation of Random Samples from Parametric Distributions
This page was last modified in November 2016.