London Mathematical Society Good Practice Scheme
The Faculty of Mathematics supports the principles laid out in the London Mathematical Society Good Practice Scheme:
- A robust organisational framework to deliver equality of opportunity and reward.
- Appointment, promotion and selection processes and procedures that encourage men and women to apply for academic posts at all levels.
- Departmental structures and systems that enable men and women to progress and continue in their careers.
- Departmental organisation, structure, management arrangements and culture that are open, inclusive and transparent and encourage the participation of all staff.
- Flexible approaches and provisions that encompass the working day, the working year and a working life and enable individuals, at all career and life stages, to maximise their contribution to mathematics, their department and institution.
The Faculty achieved an Athena SWAN Bronze Award in April 2014 and is currently implementing a wide-ranging Action Plan to ensure equal opportunities.