M.Phil. Courses in Mathematics and Related Subjects
Several one-year M.Phil. courses are run by institutions in the University of Cambridge within the subject area of mathematics, or which have significant mathematical content. See the University Graduate Prospectus for further details.
The Faculty of Mathematics offers one M.Phil. course:
- M.Phil. in Computational Biology
- Eleven-month course run by the Cambridge Computational Biology Institute. Introduces students to bioinformatics and other quantitative aspects of modern biology and medicine.
Select this link to view the past examination papers.
The Judge Business School offers the following M.Phil. courses, taught jointly by the Business School, the Faculty of Economics, and the Faculty of Mathematics:
- M.Phil. in Finance
- Nine-month programme run by Judge Business School. Provides research-led teaching for those aiming for a career in Finance, Financial Accounting, or Financial Engineering.
- MPhil in Management Science
- Nine-month programme run by Judge Business School. Provides research training with a mathematical modelling focus for those aiming for an academic career in a business school. The course is the normal route to a PhD in Management Science.