- Studies of Economics and Mathematics at the Universität Mannheim, 2011-2012.
- BSc in Mathematics at the Ruprecht-Karls Universität Heidelberg, 2012-2014.
- Bachelor’s thesis about Lepski’s method for a variable choice of bandwith in nonparametric regression.
- Master of Advanced Studies in Mathematical Statistics at the University of Cambridge, 2014-2015.
- Part III essay about low rank matrix recovery problems in Statistics
Areas of interest
My primary field of interest is uncertainty quantification in nonparametric and high-dimensional Statistics, particularly in matrix completion models and high-dimensional regression. I am also interested in inverse problems, information theoretic principles and the applications of other areas of mathematics such as empirical process theory, Functional analysis or Complex analysis in statistical problems.
In my spare time I like to play the guitar, to cook and to do outdoor activities such as hiking or skiing.
m.loffler [at] statslab.cam.ac.uk